INDIANAPOLIS–Two women were shot and killed at an apartment complex near Post Rd. and 38th St., early Monday. One of those women was Ashanti Robinson, 21, said Marion County Coroner Alfie Ballew.
The other woman’s identity is being withheld from the public until her family is notified.
“Community is essential to us being able to identify perpetrators in these types of offenses and get these individuals off the streets,” said Lt. Shane Foley, with the Indianapolis Metro Police Dept.
Police were called just after midnight. When they got to the Postbrook East Apartments at 40th and Cordell Street, they found the two women shot outside the apartments.
It was unclear why they were shot.
Police are asking for anyone with info to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year